Our volunteers have a long history of giving to the hospital and its patients. Our volunteers are compassionate, skilled and motivated people who support the Columbia Memorial Hospital mission of caring for our patients in body, mind and spirit.
- Experience joy in giving.
- Make a difference serving our community.
- Share your skills and learn new ones.
- Make new friends and have fun.
- Gift shop discount, pharmacy discount and many other discounts.
- One free meal during shift worked.
What CMH volunteers do
CMH volunteers provide comfort, encouragement and peace to our patients by:
- Advocating for patients around the hospital.
- Serving patients and visitors in information areas.
- Working in the gift shop as retail clerks.
- Sitting and comforting dying patients at their bedside.
- Baking cookies and distribute to patients, families and staff.
- Visiting patients with pet therapy animals.
- Practicing reiki with patients and families. Must be certified.
Volunteer opportunities at CMH
- Gift Shop retailer.
- Pet therapy.
- No One Dies Alone (NODA).
- Hospice volunteer.
- Cookie baker.
- At-home seamstress.
What it takes to become a CMH volunteer
- Must meet the minimum age of 16 years old with parental consent. Parent must attend first interview with the student.
- Complete the online volunteer application.
- We will contact you to arrange a time to chat about your skills and interests.
- Complete a drug screen, a background check and a tuberculosis skin test, by a blood draw through our lab, and an employee health appointment for clearance involving immunizations, all of which are provided to you without cost.
- Commit to 26 shifts (six months) of volunteering at four hours per shift.
- Make multiple trips to CMH to attend orientations, a health appointment and picking up your badge.
Volunteers work for four hours per week on average. Get involved in a dynamic group of people who are committed to giving back to the community they love.
Contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com for more information and any questions.