Medical bills can be confusing and can add to what may already be a stressful time for you and your family. The compassionate financial counselors at Columbia Memorial Hospital are here to help you understand your options.
How does CMH billing work?
After you receive a service at CMH, we will bill your insurance. In general, many insurance companies pay their portion of the medical expenses within 30 to 40 days of our sending them a bill. After all insurance payments are applied to your balance, we will send you a statement showing any remaining balance you owe.
You may receive a separate bill for physician, lab or pathology services. So, if you receive separate bills, it is because your insurance requires us to do so.
What are my payment options?
We accept major credit cards, checks, money orders and cash.
You may pay a bill:
- Online through CMH online bill pay.
- Over the phone by calling CMH Patient Financial Services at 503.338.7530 or 800.962.2407.
- In person, in the first-floor lobby of the CMH Health & Wellness Pavilion at 2265 Exchange St. in Astoria.
What if I can't pay my bill in full?
If you're unable to pay your bill in full, please call us to discuss your options.
Payment options may include:
Payment plans. We offer several payment plan options, ranging from in-house plans to extended 0% or low-interest rate plans offered by our partner AccessOne.
- Financial assistance. You may be eligible to receive a partial or full discount off the cost of your necessary medical care at CMH.
How can I get a discount on my bill?
Take advantage of our prompt-pay discount and get an additional 5% off your balance when you pay prior to receiving service or within 30 days after.
Can you help me understand my bill?
We know that medical bills can be complex, and we are happy to answer any questions you have about your bill.
You may also want to view this quick guide to billing terms. It can help you understand some of the words related to a medical bill and health insurance, such as co-insurance and co-pay.
How can I contact the CMH billing department about my medical bill?
To contact us about anything related to your CMH bill:
- Please call us Monday — Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at 503.338.7530 or 800.962.2407.
- Send an email to email@example.com.