Welcome! At Columbia Memorial Hospital, the well-being of our patients and visitors is our priority. Here's what you need to know about visiting our facilities.
Entrances and COVID-19 screening
The Oregon Health Authority mandates that health care environments require masks for visitors and patients over the age of five years (even after March 12, 2022).
The West Lobby is the main entry for patients and visitors. It's open Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. When you arrive, if you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you, and you must wear it while at CMH facilities. Masks with valves are not allowed. The East Lobby is also open from 5:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours of departments located in the CMH Health and Wellness Pavilion, Park Medical Building, Cancer Center, Warrenton Clinic and Seaside Clinic are on their respective department webpages.
If arriving outside of main lobby hours, all patients and visitors should come through the Emergency Room. That entrance is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. COVID-19 screening is required in the Emergency Room.
At CMH, our focus is on the health and safety of our communities. That's why we are a tobacco-free campus at all times, and we have unique visitor guidelines in place right now:
- Outpatient Clinics/Departments and Family Birth Center: No visitation restrictions. Visitors 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years old.
- Emergency Room, CCU, Med/Surg and Cancer Center: No visitation restrictions. Visitors 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years old.
- COVID+ Inpatients: One visitor at a time.
- Cancer Center: One visitor at a time for all clinic visits and infusions.
In the main hospital, visitors will receive a visitor badge if they are visiting the Family Birth Center, Same-Day Services, Med/Surg, CCU or in the Emergency Room. Exceptions to the visitor guidelines can be made for end-of-life situations or other extenuating circumstances, but they will require house supervisor and administrator on-call approvals.
By state law, hospitals will welcome support persons for patients with disabilities even if visitors are not allowed. Visitors and support persons are different under Oregon Revised Statute 441.049.
We encourage all visitors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or obtain a negative COVID-19 test result prior to visiting. If seeing an inpatient, please go directly from the nurse station to the patient room and exit the hospital immediately after visiting.
Visitor amenities and assistance
- The gift shop is open Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Fridays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Our cafeteria is available to visitors every day, 7 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. Visitors may not eat in patient rooms unless the visitor and patient live together.
- If you're lost or have a concern, our friendly security team is always available.