Medical imaging tests help doctors see inside the body to evaluate and treat all sorts of health conditions. If you need an imaging test, the quality and convenience you deserve is close by at a Columbia Memorial Hospital location.
Our imaging technology is state-of-the-art. It includes 3-D mammograms, digital x-rays, multi-slice CT (computed tomography) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanners, high quality ultrasound machines, and nuclear medicine. Every imaging exam is performed by a qualified and nationally licensed technologist and read by a board-certified radiologist.
We want you to be comfortable during your time in Imaging. We have skilled radiology procedure nurses on staff to care for you and provide you with medication to guide you through your biopsy, interventional procedure or exam. Those same nurses can also place a PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) line or a midline if you need extended venous access for infusions.
From the front desk to the exam rooms, we are knowledgeable, friendly and here to help you.
Our imaging locations
We offer diagnostic imaging and other imaging services at several convenient locations:
- Columbia Memorial Hospital (West Lobby). Digital X-Ray, ultrasound, CT scan, 1.5T MRI, fluoroscopy, nuclear medicine and interventional radiology and procedural nurses. Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. X-Ray and CT are in-house and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- CMH Health & Wellness Pavilion (first floor). 3-D screening mammography, diagnostic breast mammography, diagnostic breast ultrasound, ultrasound, breast biopsies and pre-surgical RFID placement, digital x-ray and bone density scan. Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Astoria Imaging. 3T MRI. Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- CMH-OHSU Health Women's Center. General ultrasound, including prenatal ultrasound. Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- CMH-OHSU Health Primary Care – Warrenton. Digital X-Ray. Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- CMH-OHSU Health Primary Care – Seaside. Digital X-Ray and ultrasound. Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
We're a cut above other diagnostic imaging centers
Here are just a few things about our expertise and the care we provide that set us apart:
- We practice ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) for your safety. When imaging procedures use radiation, our technologists use the latest techniques and software to keep your dose low while still achieving the best imaging detail.
- We offer Interventional Radiology in our hospital. Our board-certified doctors perform image-guided, minimally invasive procedures without open surgery. Not many community hospitals do that. Implanting a port-a-cath, removing a filter in teh vena cava, placing drains in the kidneys and performing procedures that relieve cancer symptoms are just a few examples.
- We are passionate about our profession and dedicated to providing the best experience possible. You'll notice that in the person-centered details — like the fact that you can listen to music of your choice during your MRI scan. Our Planetree philosophy puts you at the center of all that we do.
Prepare for your PET/CT scan
Before your PET or CT scan, please download this PET/CT prep document so you can plan for a successful visit.
Scheduling an imaging test
You will need a referral from your health care provider to schedule most imaging tests. One exception is a screening mammogram.
For more information, call us at 503.338.7525.