At Columbia Memorial Hospital, we are here for you whether you need a routine mammogram, you've found a breast lump or you need breast cancer treatment.
Our highly trained team is dedicated to bringing you personalized care, ensuring your comfort and empowering you with information. Those are among the hallmarks of our person-centered focus.
Breast cancer screening with 3-D mammograms
When it's time for your routine breast cancer screening, we have the most accurate and comfortable mammogram available — the Genius 3-D mammography exam with SmartCurve. Why get a 3-D mammogram at CMH? For starters, it:
- Provides better, earlier breast cancer detection compared to 2-D alone.
- Offers increased comfort. The paddles used to compress the breasts for the exam are curved, more like a natural breast.
- Reduces the chance that you will be called back for additional testing if you have dense breasts.
Every mammogram we perform is interpreted by a board-certified radiologist who is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR). In addition, our mammogram facility is ACR-certified and Mammography Quality Standards Act certified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as providing quality mammograms.
Financial assistance may be available to help pay for mammograms and other screening or diagnostic procedures to rule out breast or cervical cancer. Please call CMH Patient Financial Services at 503.338.7530 to learn more.
You do not need an order from your doctor to get a screening mammogram. However, diagnostic mammograms and other breast imaging services do require a referral.
To schedule your mammogram, please call 503.338.7525.
Additional breast imaging services
We offer many other breast health services in addition to screening mammograms. These include:
- Diagnostic 3-D and 2-D mammograms to check for breast cancer after a lump has been found or to evaluate changes in the breast found during a screening mammogram.
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to screen women at high risk for breast cancer.
- Needle breast biopsies using the latest image-guided techniques.
Breast cancer treatment and support
If you receive a breast cancer diagnosis, you can get exceptional treatment and support at the CMH-OHSU Knight Cancer Collaborative. Knowledge is power on a breast cancer journey, and every woman is different. That's why we provide you with information about your diagnosis and treatment options that are best suited for your situation. We're here for you every step of the way.
Treatments our expert team provide include surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
We also offer services you many need prior to breast cancer treatment, including:
- Nuclear medicine sentinel node biopsy, to see if breast cancer has spread.
- Pre-operative breast procedures. Women having a breast-sparing lumpectomy often need a procedure called breast lesion localization. This is often done by implanting a wire in the breast to guide the surgeon to the tumor. We use a radiofrequency device, instead of a wire, to minimize trauma to the breast tissue.
To learn more about breast cancer treatment and support at CMH, please call 503.338.4589.